1. What does it mean to read the Bible theogically? (pg. 1 – Reading)
2. How has God chosen to restore creation? (pg. 1 – Reading)
3. What is meant by “inspiration”? (pg. 1 – Reading)
4. What is the Bible primarily about? (pg. 9 – Reading)
5. What is theology “for”? (pg. 3 – Reading)
6. what does it mean to read the Bible as literature? (pg. 4 – Reading)
7. What is the central message of the Bible? (pg. 7 – Reading)
8. What is the importance of the “inner links” to be found in Bible reading? (pg. 2 – Reading)
9. What is meant by “communion” with God? (pg. 7 – Reading)
10. How does glorifying God “happen”? (pg. 7)
Interpreting the Bible
Clement & Origen
– Focus on underlined passages
– I am sorry that I didn’t get to all of your questions this morning, guys.
I was an orphan, lost at the fall;
Running away when I’d hear you call,
But Father, you worked your will.
I had no righteousness of my own
I had no right to draw near your throne,
But Father, you loved me still.
And in love, before you laid the world’s foundation,
You predestined to adopt me as your own.
You have raised me up so high above my station;
I’m a child of God by grace, and grace alone
You left your home to seek out the lost;
You knew the great and terrible cost
But Jesus, your face was set.
I worked my fingers down to the bone;
But nothing I did could ever atone,
But Jesus, you paid my debt.
By your blood I have redemption and salvation.
Lord you died that I might reap what you have sown,
And you rose that I might be a new creation.
I am born again by grace, and grace alone.
I was darkness all of my life,
I never knew the day from the night,
But Spirit, you made me see.
I swore I knew the way on my own;
Head full of rocks, a heart made of stone
But Spirit, you moved in me.
And at your touch my sleeping spirit was awakened;
On my darkened heart the light of Christ has shone.
Called into a kingdom that cannot be shaken;
Heaven’s citizen by grace, and grace alone.
So I’ll stand in faith by grace, and grace alone
I will run the race by grace, and grace alone
I will slay my sin by grace, and grace alone
I will reach the end by grace, and grace alone
– The Modern Post