OT Intro – ESV Study Bible – Numbers, Deuteronomy
- What are some of the features that show the authenticity of the details in the book of Numbers?
- What is the purpose of Numbers as a historical work?
- How is the issue of “descendants” a key theme in Numbers and the Pentateuch?
- How/why are the events in Numbers referenced elsewhere in Scripture?
- In what way does Numbers have epic features?
- What are some of the problems and solutions to the census lists in Numbers?
- What connection may exist between Josiah’s reforms and Deuteronomy?
- On what does Moses reflect in Deuteronomy? What does he urge the people not to do?
- What kind of sermon is Deuteronomy? What are the circumstances of the sermon?
- What are some OT laws that remain in the NT era? What are some OT laws that are not repeated?
- In what way is Deuteronomy an important book for understanding both OT theology and the theological unity of both testaments?
- What subtitle might be appropriate for Deuteronomy? Why?
Jan Havicksz. Steen ca. 1626 – 1679
Moses Gets Water out of the Rocks
oil on panel (54 × 44 cm) — c. 1660
ESV Study Bible – Exodus, Leviticus Study Guide